At first, you might think that having a dedicated playroom for your kids is something that only rich people with big houses do. Upon further evaluation there are actually several reasons why having a playroom is a great idea for everyone in your family.
- Teach Your Kids to Share
– Traditionally, each child has their own toys in their own room, but with a playroom all the toys for every kid are stored in the same place, giving them the opportunity to share and have two or three times the amount of toys to play with than they would in isolation. Your kids will also learn how to cooperate and include each other in their play.
- Keep Your Home Cleaner
– You know that kids like to play in their room but they really like to play around others in the living room, dining room, etc. This means leaving a mess in multiple rooms and having to pick up after them almost every day. With a dedicated playroom, the rule can be that all toys stay in that room, which keeps the rest of your house tidy.
- Perfect for Playdates
– Other kids will want to come over to your house to play with your kids if they know they have a playroom. You can situate the kids in that room while you have a nice chat with their parents in the other room without your kids yelling or nagging you.
- Keep Their Bedrooms for Sleeping
– Most children spend time in their rooms playing, but experts say that bedrooms should not be used for things like playing or watching TV, as they interfere with sleep habits. Sleeping in the bedroom and playing in the playroom is a great way to separate these activities.
- The Room Can be a Reward
– While play is important for children, you can actually use the playroom as a reward system and punishments as well. For example, say your kids get 30 minutes a day in the playroom. If they are well behaved or do something you are proud of you can give them an extra 30 minutes, but if they misbehave you can take away their time for that day.
Room Remodels and Additions in North Wayne
Advantage Contracting can help you make your playroom a reality with a room remodel or addition to your home. We can help you turn your basement into a kid’s playroom or can add an entirely new room to your house as a dedicated playroom. Contact us today to learn more!