You have a wide range of bathroom flooring options when it comes to bathroom tiles. It would help to know the advantages of different types of materials when picking the best one for your home remodeling project.
Advantage Contracting has compared 7 different bathroom floor tile options so you can find the best flooring for your bathroom remodel!
1. Vinyl – It’s the most popular bathroom flooring material because it’s cost-effective. It works well in most bathrooms, making it a practical choice. Vinyl tiles are durable, comfortable, versatile and easy to install.
2. Ceramic – Ceramic tiles are available in various styles and modern patterns to match your style. They are also low-maintenance and resists wear and scratches when coated with a quality glaze.
3. Glass – Glass tiles can give your bathroom great dimension and it can be tainted to create a stained-glass look. This bathroom tile flooring material can last long if installed properly. Make sure to choose a textured glass to avoid slips.
4. Hardwood – Hardwood flooring that’s not sealed or coated can expand, warp and stain due to water penetration. However, when finished with a quality polyurethane-based sealer, it can resist water well. Choose a home addition contractor who partners with reliable manufacturers. At Advantage Contracting, we partner with Bruce Hardwood for specially treated, water-resistant wood species, styles, and colors to meet various flooring needs.
5. Stone – They have been a popular option in master and guest bathrooms over the last few years. Stone tiles can be made from limestone, marble, granite and slate. This tile material is also available in various colors and textures. They may require more maintenance, which includes regular cleaning and sealing.
6 Linoleum – Linoleum floor tiles are made of linseed oil, cork powder, wood flour, ground limestone and pigments. It discourages the growth of microorganisms and resists dirt and dust. This material also excels in retaining its color and is easy to install.
7. Plastic Laminate – These are typically available as planks. Plastic laminate tiles don’t affect the height of the floor as much, making them easier to transition from one room to another. It works better for a half-bath as the tiles have the tendency to retain moisture.
Hire experienced bathroom remodeling contractors, like At Advantage Contracting, for better peace of mind and to ensure you’re getting quality workmanship and the best products. Our team will take the time to help you choose the best flooring for your bathroom remodel project. We’re experts in bathroom renovation and know how to tile a bathroom floor correctly, so you don’t have to. Call us at (862) 292-0003 or complete our online form for a free estimate. We offer bathroom flooring in NJ services to homeowners in Wayne, Kinnelon, Wyckoff, and more!